Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Games Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 59 Fans

All 2,113 flash Reviews

StoryShift StoryShift

Rated 5 / 5 stars February 21, 2014

I have waited a long time for this. Literally years.

Yes, StoryShift has finally arrived, allowing people to read my story and vote on how it turns out. Other people's stories too, but right now, they seem less important, at this moment in time. Give it a few days and things will return to normal.

Did you ever read the Fighting Fantasy novels by Ian Livingstone? Where you turned to a paragraph number, based on your own choices and the adventure played out? Well, that's basically what we have here. Only this time, the story unfolds in real time, where the writer doesn't know what is going to pan out, just the same as his or her readers. It is a test of the writer's skills to develop the piece as much as possible, without tying themselves in knots (This will undoubtedly happen at some stage)

Give it a week and we shall start to see the next part playing out, with the adventures truly beginning to take off. I am already looking forward to writing the next part and I know which of the four options I want to happen and how each one will play out.

Give it a read, give me a challenge. Heck, while you're at it, read some of my friends' stories and comics and vote on them. The future is in your hands.

Evil-Dog responds:

It's awesome to have you in the project :D Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Pixel Madness Pixel Madness

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars August 25, 2013

Really annoying!

Seriously, do you have to have the screen flashing on and off like that? As if the game weren't difficult enough, you decided to up the ante, by blacking us out every half second or so. I'm calm, I've managed seven levels, before I declared "fuck it" and gave up.

Alright, I admit, there is a slightly addictive quality to it, because a few minutes later, I was back, polishing off the rest of the levels., but that's not the thing that makes this game good. I wasn't impressed to see that the Level 20 medal is broken, especially when levels after that are just the same crap shoot of trying to get through a ridiculous spinning dervish of black squares, where your only hope of success, even if you are pointing in the right direction is a heap of luck.

Simple and effective, I'd have preferred a mute button and the ability to restart by pressing R, rather than waiting for the screen to exit blackout and having to click when "restart is highlighted", I'd say that this is a decent game, but nothing more than a quick half-hour time killer.

kokos0102 responds:

Thanks for the review. There were some good hints...
But the screen flashing should give a dark atmosphere to the game ;-)

Versus.076 Versus.076

Rated 5 / 5 stars May 5, 2013

Cruise, Tom Cruise!

Simply the funniest one of the whole series that I have seen so far. Seriously, these are the sort of things that make coming to Newgrounds every day worthwhile. Simple, hilarious and rather well animated, considering it's just black and white lines, with an occasional attitude to other colours being thrown around there.

The plot is simple, though at some stage, I would like to see you set up a series and have the competitors move on to the next round in some sort of bizarre version of the MTV claymation "Celebrity Deathmatch" The end of the series would of course have someone crowned as the overall winner and therefore I would assume king of the world, until the next series of Versus rolls around.

You've clearly thought a lot about the plot and from the more humble beginnings, you now have a very saleable product, one which will keep people laughing and also keep producing these fine cartoons for weeks, if not months to come.

I'll have to go back and review the other 75, but I feel it will be worth it, from start to finish.

Beat the House Beat the House

Rated 2 / 5 stars May 4, 2013

This piece needs a lot of work, like learning a few basics of poker and how someone usually plays a poker simulation.

Aces high is a term which usually comes up in poker, since the aces are the best value cards that you can have. I managed a pair of "bullets" and the woman politely informs me "you lose". Naturally, I was a little peeved with this, as the term Jacks or better would indicate a pair of jacks, queens, kings or aces. Not a big deal, but it does get to you after a while of playing. How can the ace be low, if a royal flush, the best hand in the game, have an ace at the very top?

Holding / toggling cards was the other major bugbear - I was dealt a flush and wanted to keep all of my cards - most games assume that you want to keep the cards and if you click on one, it flips it over, indicating that you require a replacement. Albeit a little naively, I clicked deal and promptly lost the flush, to my dismay. These sorts of issues are the sort of thing that gets people clicking away from your game, as opposed to on it.

The artwork of the cards was nice - did you draw them yourself, or borrow them from elsewhere? An option to speed up the dealing would be nice as well, since the game didn't have all that much flow for my liking.

One Girl ; One Sandwich One Girl ; One Sandwich

Rated 4 / 5 stars March 10, 2013

Surreal.

I loved the way that I was just expecting sex puns by your tag line "she just wants a meaty twelve-incher" and then I get slapped with a carnivorous cheese, bolony and mayo sub, chewwing off the main protagonist's head.

Yes, you were very clever with the fact that you appealed to the perverts, by giving them boobs and gratuitous nipple shots. Judging by the setting and the clothing she wore, I could see why the lycra was stretched over her ample bosom, but that's beside the point. Cracking the glass was quite amusing as well.

It could have stood to be a little longer, perhaps with more dialogue - make her be over the top enthusiastic and the guy behind the counter somewhat less than amused by her puns, innuendos and whatever else she decides to throw his way.

Keep up the good work, I expect that you'll be able to achieve yet another daily feature, even if it was just a little piece like this.

Zelda Chicken March Zelda Chicken March

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars December 1, 2012

Short and simple.

The Pied Piper of Kentucky is working hard and wearing some ridiculous mask... *looks away* Hmm? Oh, it's a beard is it? - And as a result, there are plenty of deep fried pieces of poultry in the bucket, having been coated with special Tri-Force sauce and everyone is happy.

I liked this piece, as I was amused by the whole way that things panned out, but the mask that Link had to wear to get the chickens to follow him. My dad keeps a few chickens and I've never had to wear any sort of mask to get the buggers to follow me around - just show up with something that looks tasty, such as a mug full of corn and they will love you forever. Ever seen the "Piece of Candy" sketch in Family Guy, where they trap James Woods? Basically the same principle.

You could have done something similar for St. Patrick's Day, as this is allegedly how St. Paddy rid the Emerald Isle of snakes and also Link does look a little like a Leprechaun, don't you think?

The other question that I'd have to ask about this is how would the Burger King go about his business, or Ronald McDonald? Do they recruit other video game stalwarts, like Mario, Sonic or those sprites from Metal Slug, perchance?

iPhone 5 Ad Parody iPhone 5 Ad Parody

Rated 4 / 5 stars October 23, 2012

While this cleverly draws attention to the shortcomings of Apple and the idea that because they don't like a company or get along with it (Flash, for example), that they turn their back on it and it dies out. Sure, there may be more to it than that, but it's hardly a lone example, if I'm honest.

The lack of backgrounds is what gets on my nerves here. I'd rather see something there, to make the picture more complete and give us a sense that the guy belongs where he is, rather than have him framed in white.

Still, quality jokes, decent animation, which is improving with time and overall a very nice production. Given that this is current affairs, you've made it in good time and have capitalised on the laughs that will come from this being cutting edge.

Dr Who - BlaBlaBla Daleks Dr Who - BlaBlaBla Daleks

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars September 27, 2012

Awesome!

You even suggested reversing the polarity of the neutron flow! Classic!

I may not be the world's biggest fan (Though I did email a link of this to someone who may be approaching that level), but this piece shows a lot of foresight for the writing of Doctor Who at the present. It used to be sci-fi drama, but now it clearly appears to be dumbing down and aiming more at the kid's audience demographic. That's not your problem, but you've lampooned it quite well, one has to say.

Aside from that, your animation style having no mouths and disembodied hands really makes things look weird, but that's a nice distraction from the goings on with all of the daleks crawling about. How come none of them ever seem to pull the trigger, they just stand there and look menacing? Stupid, as they've had dozens of chances to off the Doc, by now!

The Dalek impersonation was weak, but that was catered for by the stronger voice acting in other areas. Perhaps consider adding volume to the vocals overall, as they were a little drowned out by the sound effects from time to time.

Half Beard Half Beard

Rated 4 / 5 stars September 19, 2012

I have a new profile pic and was directed here because of it. Yes, I wore a half beard for all of 15 minutes. Perhaps I will do something similar for the next London meet, but that would be verging on the ridiculous.

A nice animation, with great style, poise and writing, which I'm going to have to investigate further, for more laughs. Your writing style seems very similar to my own, so I just have to see if there's some material in there that I might be able to use as "research"... yeah, that'll be it.

The voices could have been a little louder and the sound effects a little quieter, as they tended to conflict a little, but since this was made in 2007, I'll let you off.

Great stuff, keep doing what you do.

Googol GLaDOS 2.0 Googol GLaDOS 2.0

Rated 4.5 / 5 stars September 5, 2012

Ah, still as useful as ever.

Everyone loves GLaDOS, though I'm not sure if it's love to hate, or something similar. She really does employ logical arguments to Siri and I did love the call back to some of the older computers. This leaves me to suggest that you have GLaDOS attack / infect or just interact with a ZX Spectrum, because writing her program to a tape would prove a suitable challenge, surely. It was either that, or seeing the faces of the little Miis, as they run around the Mii Plaza, being killed of one by one, as she runs amok in the Nintendo world.

Subtle of subtle jokes, when you had the computer thrown out of the Windows (7th floor?) to finish it off, but with everything these days either run by a computer, or connected to the internet, this could be the start of a series that becomes Apocalypical, in the demise of humans and rise of mechanical devices.

Wait, haven't we seen that in a movie before?